The QOF Scholarship Program
The QOF Scholarship Program assists high achieving 18-30 year old trainees, apprentices and vocational education and training graduates (Cert III and above) to travel and work overseas in their chosen vocation for up to two years. This program funds travel related expenses and a settling in allowance, worth up to $7,500, for young and skilled Queenslanders to head overseas to key international markets which exhibit strong career prospects in their chosen industry field.
This opportunity has already seen over 110 Queenslanders across a range of industries (including chefs, designers, professional services, mechanical trades) travel overseas in the pursuit of career experience. These outstanding professionals have returned with not only insights from their industry but new cultural understandings.
The QOF Scholarship is generously supported by industry partners and the Queensland Government and up to five awardees are offered this opportunity annually.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to make all arrangements for travel and employment, the QOF can assist with introductions and industry advice.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- have completed an apprenticeship, traineeship or vocational studies (hold a Certificate lll or above);
- have gained at least 2 years work experience in the industry;
- be a Queensland resident (Australian citizens only);
- be eligible for a work visa to the country in which you wish to travel;
- be aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- be prepared to take up the scholarship within 12 months of it being awarded; and
- intend to return to Queensland after your placement.
The QOF will take the following criteria into consideration when reviewing applications:
1. Evidence of applicant’s preparedness to take up the scholarship;
2. Potential for impact on applicant’s employment related skills and/or knowledge and career outcomes;
3. Potential for applicant to positively influence and impact their industry and other VET graduates in Queensland;
4. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process.
Applications for the QOF Scholarship Program usually opens in July and closes 31 October.
How to apply
Complete the online application form and lodge required attachments (academic certificates, awards etc). Get busy so you can get travelling with your career!