CSQ Building and construction industry – QOF Scholarship
Applications Open 10 July – 17 October 2017
The CSQ Building and Construction Industry – QOF Scholarship assists high achieving 18 – 45 year old vocational education and training graduates (Certificate III and above) in the building and construction industry to travel and work overseas in their chosen vocation for up to two years.
The scholarship funds travel related expenses and a settling in allowance and is worth up to $7,500. It is hoped this opportunity will enable recipients to broaden their professional horizons, gain valuable international work experience and improve their career prospects. Ultimately, the program aims to benefit the wider Queensland community through the knowledge and skills that return to the State with the scholarship recipients.
More than 110 Queenslanders from a wide range of industries have taken up the opportunity to travel to the international destination of their choice in pursuit of career experience with a QOF Scholarship. These outstanding graduates have returned to Queensland with enviable insights from their field, valuable cultural understandings and an international professional network.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to make arrangements for travel and employment; the QOF Governors will mentor the recipients and can assist with introductions and advice.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- Have completed an apprenticeship, traineeship or vocational studies (Certificate lll or above) in the building and construction industry;
- Have at least 2 years work experience in the building and construction industry;
- Be a Queensland resident (Australian citizens only);
- Be eligible for a work visa to the country in which they wish to travel;
- Be aged between 18 and 45 years old;
- Be prepared to take up the scholarship within 12 months of it being awarded; and
- Intend to return to Queensland after their placement.
The QOF will take the following criteria into consideration when reviewing applications:
- Evidence of applicant’s preparedness to take up the scholarship;
- Potential for impact on applicant’s employment related skills and/or knowledge and career outcomes;
- Potential for applicant to positively influence and impact the building and construction industry and other VET graduates in Queensland;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process.
Applications open 10 July 2017 and close 17 October 2017.
How to apply
Complete the online application form here.
Construction Skills Queensland has partnered with the Queensland Overseas Foundation to offer the CSQ Building and Construction Industry – QOF Scholarship to graduates in the building and construction industry in Queensland.