QOF Scholarship & Global Connections Bursary
Have you ever thought about testing your vocational skills overseas or are you a professional working in the VET sector and considering an international short-term professional development placement?
The QOF offers both a Scholarship and Bursary opportunity for Queensland residents to further their career overseas. Check out these funding programs to see how you can undertake a career experience of a lifetime and bring back an international perspective on your industry.
Applications for the 2018 QOF Scholarship are now open!
The QOF Scholarship Program assists high achieving Queensland vocational education and training graduates (Certificate III and above) to travel and work overseas in their vocation for up to two years.
The scholarship funds travel related expenses and provides a settling in allowance, worth up to $7500.
The goal of the program is to connect young, skilled Queenslanders with the world in order to broaden their professional horizons. It is hoped that the global connections they make will ultimately benefit their industry in Queensland.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- Have completed an apprenticeship, traineeship or vocational studies (Certificate lll or above);
- Have at least 2 years work experience in the industry;
- Be a Queensland resident (Australian citizens only);
- Be eligible for a work visa to the country in which they wish to travel;
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- Be prepared to take up the scholarship within 12 months of it being awarded; and
- Intend to return to Queensland after their placement.
The QOF will take the following criteria into consideration when reviewing applications:
- Evidence of applicant’s preparedness to take up the scholarship;
- Potential for impact on applicant’s employment related skills and/or knowledge and career outcomes;
- Potential for applicant to positively influence and impact their industry and other VET graduates in Queensland;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process.
Applications are currently open and will close 17 October 2017.
Interviews will be held in November 2017 and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by early December 2017. The Award Ceremony will be held in Brisbane in March 2018 and recipients may depart on their Scholarship any time (within 12 months) after the Award Ceremony.
How to apply
Complete the online application form here.